Wednesday 14 September 2011

White Bread but still Real Bread

As I explained in my previous post my brother came to stay over the weekend. He's not much of a brown bread fan so I thought I'd make some white bread for him. 

It was quite strange making a white only dough. It felt kind of wrong and looked very pasty.
I made six plain white bread rolls, a tin loaf and a 'free style' loaf with a mix of seeds on it.
The bread rolls were lovely and soft as was the loaf. I think Mr VST managed to demolish five of the rolls in less than twenty-four hours! I put the seeded loaf in the freezer and made some cheese toasties for lunch with the tin loaf which were lovely. Haven't had a cheese toastie for ages. I'm going to use the rest of the white loaf to make a bread a butter pudding. The white rolls were a bit plain tasting compared to my usual white/wholemeal mix but they were still a million times better than the cotton wool rolls you buy both taste wise and texture wise. Great post on the difference between two here.

No comments: