Saturday 10 September 2011

Veggie Mexican with Homemade Tortillas

This whole making your own bread thing is a real work in progress, every time I make it I learn something new and these tortillas are no exception. 

The first time I made them they were made with strong bread flour instead of plain and I made them too small.

The second time I experimented with different sizes and thicknesses and this time I made them with 40 per cent wholemeal plain flour. They were pretty good this time. Some a little crispy where I had rolled them too thinly but mostly they were good.
The veggie mix is still the same old recipe though, whatever vegetables are in the fridge mixed with some quorn chicken style pieces a tin of chopped tomatoes, some chilli powder, cumin and paprika. I have been slowly increasing the amount of chilli as Mr VST's tolerance increases!

No comments: