Sunday 16 October 2011

River Cottage: Vegeree

Final River Cottage recipe of the week was 'Vegeree' a vegetarian alternative to kedgeree I guess. 

 The recipe was very easy to follow, you just roast up some onions, aubergine and courgettes with 'one tablespoon of curry powder' and then add some cooked rice and boiled eggs. 
I had some garam masala and cumin which I used instead of curry powder, I think I'd used more than a tablespoon next time because the flavour didn't come through very well. It was a nice meal though. 

2 comments:

Fat Dormouse said...

Hello. I have posted a link to your blog from mine, as I recount my journey through River Cottage Veg Every Day...As you had already explained the recipe I provided a link. I hope you don't mind. If there's a problem, please let me know and I'll remove the link.
Thanks!

Charlotte "Bohemian Hippie Chick" Poulloin said...

Yummy!!