Sunday 16 October 2011

River Cottage Baked Mushrooms with Dauphinoise Potatoes

My friends and family know me well and I often get food related presents for birthdays and Christmases and I don't mind a bit. I will quite happily take a recipe book to bed for some night time reading! One of my presents from Mr VST was the new River Cottage Veg Everyday recipe book. 
It is packed full of veggie recipes, everything from mezze to mains although some of the 'recipes' are really just ideas. I'm not sure that you can call putting a few large mushrooms in the oven with garlic and butter a recipe exactly. I love that it is bright and colourful with pictures of most of the recipes, it is always nice to know what you food is supposed to look like. 
Anyway, Monday evening I decided to test out a couple of the recipes, one was the baked field mushrooms which I have described above and the other was the potato dauphinoise.
Mr VST and I made these together and used Oatly oat 'cream' rather than dairy as I had found some in the new Waitrose last Friday.
Both recipes were very tasty indeed and the recipes worked well although the mushrooms needed a bit longer than suggested. 

More from the River Cottage book later.....

No comments: