Monday 24 October 2011

Aubergine Tarts

I'd seen Nigel Slater's recipe for these aubergine tarts online the previous week and liked the look of them, apart from the anchovies, of course!


I decided to make them last Saturday evening and started by chopping up the aubergine and popping it into the oven to roast. 

While they were roasting away I made the pastry which was very easy to make as I made it in the food processor and not by hand as instructed!
I rolled them out, not into perfect rectangles like Nigel's, but more, well, you can see the shapes below!
Then you whizz three quarters of the aubergine up into a purée with some olive oil and then spread it onto the lovely cheesy pastry bases and top with the remaining aubergine and some capers.
The pastry was delicious, strong and cheesy and it went well with the roasted aubergine flavour and the peppery rocket I served it with. I'll be making these again.




No comments: