Saturday 3 September 2011

American Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Bananas



Mr VST made an unusually good request last bank holiday Monday, pancakes to go with the maple syrup we bought. I asked whether he wanted English or American. He said that he wanted pancakes like my Aunty had made us when we stayed with them shortly after they had returned from Canada. I worked out that he wanted American pancakes and googled for recipes. I came up with this one from BBC Food.
I set about mixing the batter, all very simple, I do love the simplicity of pancakes.
They fluffed up lovely but I think I might have made them a bit too big as I only managed to get four pancakes out of the batter.
We did, of course, have them with maple syrup and bananas.
They were eaten pretty quickly......

 

No comments: