Wednesday 7 September 2011

The Tap House, St Agnes, Cornwall

I love surprises! I'm probably not that easy to surprise myself but I love surprising other people. On Tuesday Mr VST and I got the chance to join in and surprise one of our good friends in Cornwall who was celebrating her 30th birthday. There was a good group of us and it was a lovely evening. There weren't very many vegetarian options Mr VST went for a 12 inch Greek (pizza that is) and I went for the spinach and feta pie with sweet potato fries. Mr VST was a little challenged by my choice as it is his signature dish. The pie was very nice, there was a lot of feta in the pie and it was deep with spinach too, lovely. The sweet potato fries were a little too sweet for a savoury dish though. Mr VST said that his pizza was a little dry. 

The pub seemed lovely and everyone enjoyed themselves but I can't recommend the place because the manager berated me in front of a room full of customers for bringing birthday cupcakes in. He said that it was akin to bringing a bottle of wine in or a steak, I disagree, nevertheless I offered to put the cakes away, he declined that offer and continued in the same vain. Given that my friends and I had probably spent a fair bit of money in his pub already and that my friend's husband had in fact phoned ahead and checked that it was OK I thought that it was out of order.  I understand that running a pub is hard work but that is no way to treat your customers. 

No comments: