Friday 2 September 2011

Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Home Made Ciabatta

Back at the beginning of June for Mr VST's birthday we had a barbecue on the beach and I made some delicious portobello mushroom burgers but as we were busy eating and chatting on the beach I forgot to take a photo, I made sure I remembered this time!

Mr VST made some pesto from his own home grown basil plant (which may not recover this time the poor thing!). I mixed this with some mayo to spread on my home made ciabatta....
The homemade ciabatta was especially sloppy this time as you can see, I couldn't exactly get it to the 'slipper' shape it should have been.







I sent Mr VST outside to roast up the mushrooms on the barbecue along with some haloumi, peppers and courgettes.

So I put them all together and made the most delicious burger. I served it with some beetroot coleslaw.



Original recipe here.

No comments: