Wednesday 20 April 2011

Spanish Omlette (and the rest of our picnic)

How did it get to Wednesday already? Not that I'm complaining, especially when it's a four day week. On Sunday Mr VST and I went to meet my family who were staying in a cottage about half an hour away. We had agreed to bring goodies for a picnic and it turned into a bit of a bake off!

When we were in London a few weeks ago one of the guys had a great big wedge of Spanish omelette aka tortilla. I decided to make one for our picnic and went for a Delia recipe. Everyone says that you can't go wrong with a Delia. I find that the recipes test my patience. I didn't use a potato peeler to slice the potatoes, I just sliced them thinly. Having regularly made my frittata without very much oil I was surprised at how much this recipe used. I don't think a whole tablespoon was necessary when you put the egg, potato and onion mix back in the pan.

The tortilla itself was really tasty, simple and quite sweet tasting. It was a good addition to the picnic.


There was really far too much food for just the five of us! Olives, cheese, crackers, potato salad, crisps, date and banana cookies, tea bread (which was delicious btw), home made brioche and wholemeal bread (Mum has a new bread maker!)




My Mum also brought one of her Mother's Day presents too, a juicer, and Mr VST tucked in with the juicing oranges. It was a great gadget and got loads of lovely juice out of the oranges. 



No comments: