Sunday 3 April 2011

Red Onion, Tomato and Mozzarella Filo Tart

We had lots of red onions and filo pastry left in the fridge so I decided to google to try and find a recipe to use up these ingredients. I came across this one for a slimming world caramelised onion, tomato and mozzarella filo tart. The recipe was so simple and it is very easy to make. I started making it as soon as I got back from work on Friday as I knew I was about to be called out again. I used up the filo pastry and folded over the edges, using a little water to stick them down. The end result was a really tasty filo pizza! I only had the chance to eat a tiny slice before being called out again. I took it with me for lunch on my Saturday call out instead. I wasn't actually all that hungry to be honest as I had been taken out for lunch to Rendezvous in Southernhay and had a delicious treat of pan fried polenta and wild mushrooms and then a very thick and chocolatey chocolate torte with coffee ice cream for pudding. It kept me going all day!!

No comments: