Tuesday 12 April 2011

Ezo Turkish Restaurant, Bristol

Look at me getting about and eating in all these cities!! Work took me to Bristol this afternoon and I was lucky enough to meet up with a couple of friends for dinner once I'd finished.

We went to a Turkish restaurant, Ezo on Gloucester Road. A lot of the food on the menu looked very familiar to me. My Nan is Greek and the hummus, haloumi and moussaka all looked the same! I'm sure my Nan would say that they they were Greek not Turkish!

Wherever they come from the food was delicious. We shared a plate of cold mezze and I had the moussaka which was really rich in flavour. Packed full of potato, aubergine and other veg in a rich tomato sauce, topped with a
béchamel sauce. It was mouth watering.



Even though we didn't need it we ordered dessert. I went for the baklava which again is Greek or Turkish depending on where you're from. It was amazing. A thick layer of nuts on filo pastry topped with more layers of filo and honey. It was so good I'm afraid I ate it all and didn't take a photo :(

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: