Sunday 3 April 2011

Patatas Bravas

I saw this article in the Guardian Online this week. There are lots of people with lots of opinions about this dish. The only experience I have of it is eating it at La Tasca a couple of years ago. It was one of many dishes that we ordered but I remember it was pretty tasty. I followed the recipe which is basically making little roast potatoes and a spicy tomato sauce. You can't go wrong with roasties and the sauce was REALLY tasty. I didn't make the ailloili aka mayonnaise or whatever it is due to the calorie content and I only used a tablespoon of oil for the potatoes but it was still really yummy. It says it serves four but that must be as part of a very wide selection of other tapas dishes. I had half of it with salad for supper and as delicious as it was it wasn't really very filling.

No comments: