Thursday 21 April 2011

Herbies Vegetarian Restaurant

The story about how I became vegetarian is on here in the 'about me' section. My little sister is also vegetarian and her story was quite similar although it involved Pingu rather than any 'real' animals. She watched Pingu and his friends eat and catch a fish and thought that there was something wrong about that. When she was offered tuna for lunch she refused to eat it. She was only about three years old and has pretty much been vegetarian since. My Mum and her partner also eat vegetarian meals fairly often and were looking forward to a meal at a veggie restaurant.

We shared some mixed olives and granary garlic bread with cheese to start. All was tasty. I don't think there was quite as much garlic on the garlic bread this time though, I would have preferred some more.



All mains are served with either the salads of the day comprising of three salads or potato wedges. The salads were green, red cabbage coleslaw with celery and apple and a rice salad with peas. My Mum, her partner and I all had the salads with our and Mr VST went for the potato wedges.

It is a novelty as a vegetarian to be able to choose from anything from the menu. We all found it hard to choose what we were going to have. Mr Mum went for the Greek filo pie, her partner for the satay, Mr VST chose the spinach and mushroom lasagne and I had the sweet potato and cashew nut loaf. It was really moist and delicious. It came with a little jug of rich tomato sauce which complemented it well. I couldn't eat all of the loaf or the salad and they gladly gave us doggy bags for this and the left over satay and salad my Mum and her partner left too. The dessert menu looked amazing but none of us could face and more food! My vegetarian little sister enjoyed some olives and garlic bread but was pretty tired by the time her jacket with cheese and beans came. She is also a little sweet tooth but was too tired to ask for pudding.

Doggy bag leftovers for lunch on Wednesday
Another enjoyable experience at Herbies. I think we're going to have to keep going back and eat our way through the menu.

No comments: