Wednesday 6 April 2011

Cottage Pie with Phili Mash

I bought far too many potatoes last week and decided to use some of them up by mashing them and putting them on top of a quorn mince cottage pie. I thought I'd try and jazz it up a little by mashing the potato with Philadelphia light cream cheese instead of butter and milk. Mr VST couldn't tell the difference (but I'm not sure about the quality of his taste buds anyway!). It was much thicker than usual but with a slight cheesiness.



For pudding we had some more of the vegan blueberry chocolate cake. Unfortunately it hadn't improved overnight. Did I mention that it has a strange slightly burnt flavour even though I didn't burn it? The best thing about it was the blueberries, oh and the ice cream that we served with it so it wasn't actually vegan any more! 


No comments: