Thursday 21 April 2011

Easter Chocolate Cake

Last week at work I was requested to make an Easter treat for my colleagues at the office. I had seen this easy one-bowl chocolate cake on Not Quite Nigella's blog last week. I was going to make it for the weekend but the rhubarb cake took my fancy instead. I thought I'd turn this chocolate cake into an Easter one by adding some mini eggs.

You may notice that I have returned to full fat, non-vegan cakes this week! With a recipe full of eggs, chocolate and butter I couldn't really go wrong. The recipe was extremely easy to follow although I ended up making two bowls messy rather than just one and the large bowl I have is metal and so I couldn't melt the chocolate in the microwave in it.


I also made a bit of chocolate icing to make sure the mini eggs stuck onto the cake. I guess that makes it a three-bowl cake!



I'm blaming my fan assisted oven but I think I left my cake in too long as well and it wasn't quite as moist as NQN's. It still went down very well at work though and was amazingly dense.

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

That looks fantastic! I love the little eggs on top. Happy Easter! :)