Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Treats

On Good Friday we started the day with a toasted home made hot cross bun each with butter and honey and some toasted brioche that my Mum had made too. We then decided to exchange Easter gifts as we were going away for the weekend and with hot weather forecast I didn't think it was a good idea to take chocolate in a hot car. 

I bought Mr VST some of his favourite Lindt Lindor eggs, a minimally packaged Cadbury's egg with two solid eggs inside and finally, and my favourite, chocolate egg and soldiers from Hotel Chocolat. 



I am known to graze on my chocolate, nibbling on it over time. I was given a bag of mini eggs, a bag of smartie eggs, a delicious lindor egg and a chocolate egg sandwich from Hotel Chocolate - chocolate heaven!

We also had a box of chocolate half eggs filled with different flavours from my Mum as well as a large dark chocolate egg and some delicious little praline and orange filled mini eggs too. 


I had read Felicity Cloake's perfect hot cross buns article which of course came too late for my bun making (and I'm pretty sure I won't be faffing around with milk and bruising cardamom). I noticed that quite a few of the people commenting recommended eating hot cross buns with cheese so I thought I'd try it and it was awesome!

 

No comments: