Sunday 14 August 2011

Wedding Weekend

Mr VST and I were invited to a wedding this weekend in High Wycombe, it was of a friend of ours Big J and his lovely fiancée, now wife. We were fed fantastically well all weekend. At the reception we were greeted with fizz and canapés, including Yorkshire puddings with roast beef and horseradish sauce, I was gutted as I love a good Yorkshire but there were no meat free ones. The wedding breakfast was really tasty too. To start we had a vegetarian tart and salad, simple but tasty and then for the main we had the most delicious, creamy butternut squash risotto. There were speeches and then desert which was individual lemon meringue tarts with strawberries.

 Later in the evening there was a buffet, which I couldn't face but I had a bit of Mr VST's cheese and crackers! There was also wedding cake. The mother of the groom made the fruit cake (which was delicious) and the bride with a little help from the groom, iced it. As you can see it was beautiful.
Someone also made them this wonderful top table cake with each of the members of the wedding party made in icing.

We then got up this morning and had an amazing buffet breakfast with fruit, yoghurt and cereal followed by a fry up. After a short stroll there was lunch served at the bride's parents' house, another packed out buffet and then this evening I made a tomato and pasta bake, which Mr VST and I nibbled on but I really made it so that we would have some lunch tomorrow.

No comments: