Sunday 14 August 2011

Oat and Raisin Cookies

I had been looking for a good recipe for oat and raisin cookies for a couple of weeks. I have a colleague who doesn't like chocolate (I know, I know) or much of a sweet tooth and so every time I take some baked good into work he reminds me of this. I found this recipe and followed it hoping for the awesome cookies as in the blog photos but they turned out flat as pancakes and not too tasty either.  


My online search hadn't been successful so I went to my cookery books and came across the Hummingbird Bakery recipe for oat and raisin cookies. I googled it and saw that Running Cup Cake had used half spelt flour so I thought I'd go with that. 

 I didn't add quite as many raisins as the recipe suggested because there were loads!
 I also added a bit more cinnamon to the mix as I love it and sometimes it just doesn't come through strongly enough.


 The cookies were lovely, slightly crisp on the edges and soft in the middle.
 I really wish I could conquer the chewy cookie texture though.
On a related note does anyone know what the difference is between a biscuit and a cookie? I always thought that biscuits were hard and cookies were soft?

No comments: