Wednesday 10 August 2011

Mini Caramelised Apple Tarts

The new season of Bramley cooking apples is upon us and they had some fantastic ones on the market stall last wee, three huge ones for £1. I couldn't resist. I wanted to make a tarte tatin but none of the recipes online took my fancy. I came across notquitenigella's mini apple tarte tatins and it inspired me. 

I used 110g of golden caster sugar and melted it in a pan, sadly not keeping as close an eye on it as I should have been!


I added 110g of butter and then the apples.

I popped them in my tray and placed a disc of puff pastry on top and then popped them into the oven for about 15 minutes.
They came out really well. Not quite as pretty as NQN's but certainly tasty.
 I don't feel that they qualify as tarte tatins so have named them caramelised apple tarts instead.

No comments: