Sunday 7 August 2011

Roasted Vegetable Summer Lasagne

We had the family pop in for dinner on Friday evening on their way to Plymouth to catch the ferry to France. I knew it would be a bit of a tight squeeze time wise and so I had decided to make the 'cheat's lasagne' aka Summer Lasagne but with roasted vegetables instead of spinach and mushrooms.  

There were some lovely yellow courgettes on the market stall this week so I chopped them up with some peppers, shallots, red onions, garlic and aubergine and roasted them, the night before.

I then put the lasagne together on Friday evening. I put a can of chopped tomatoes in with the roasted veggies and then layered the veggies, fresh lasagne sheets and crème fraîche mixed with some grated cheese, nutmeg and salt and pepper, twice and grated some cheese on the top. I served it with some delicious creamy new potatoes, grated beetroot and carrot and rocket salad. As you can see I completely forgot to take any photos! It went down well though. I then served the lemon polenta cake which was well received but no one guessed the unusual ingredient!

No comments: