Tuesday 28 June 2011

Summer Lasagne

I found this lovely looking recipe for 'Cheat's Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne' on the Cook Vegetarian website. Having made it and found it to be light and tasty I have renamed it Summer Lasagne.

I followed the instructions but layered in my own way and misread the bit about the tomatoes so, having layered it all without the tomatoes, I pulled it all apart again and just put them in without having reduced them.


I was then very sceptical about the outcome but was pleasantly surprised. The only think I would do differently is double the filling, well not the tomatoes but certainly the spinach and mushrooms as the flavours didn't come through very strongly. The 'cheat's' cheese sauce was really nice, it was just seasoned crème fraîche but  I think it was the nutmeg that made it. 


I served it with some boiled new potatoes. I have to write about them because they were absolutely delicious.  They came from the market stall as usual and were labelled as Devon new potatoes. They came all covered in dirt and were so light and creamy that no butter was necessary at all. 

No comments: