Wednesday 15 June 2011

Wedding Breakfast

As I mentioned Mr VST and I were at a family wedding over the weekend. We were staying with my Mum and her partner. For real breakfast we had hot cross buns with some home made orange and whiskey marmalade. I'm not a big fan of marmalade but this was delicious. It had a kick but wasn't too bitter and was less of a jelly texture and more creamy. We brought a jar home with us too! It was made with mamade which I had never heard of before. I'll definitely be making some once we've depleted our current marmalade stocks.

The wedding was at 2pm and when we got to the reception the sweet treats (including my brownies) were served followed by the wedding breakfast itself.

We were on a table of vegetarians! There were seven veggies and only three meat eaters. To start we had a vegetable tapenade with toasted brioche, a small green salad and chutney. The vegetable tapenade was a little sickly for me but the chutney was good.

The main was a roasted vegetable wellington with a sauce that I couldn't identify and then a selection of vegetables, cabbage, carrots, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes. The wellington itself was a bit lifeless but the sauce was delicious.

We had a break for the speeches before the trio of desserts was served. We has a pavlova, lemon cheesecake and also a chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce. They were all delicious.

Cheese and biscuits were served later in the evening along with the wedding cake. I am biased but the wedding cake was amazing. My Mum made it. It is a death by chocolate cake which is a sponge cake cut into three and then layered with melted chocolate and a kind of brandy chocolate mousse too and then covered in chocolate ganache. It was white chocolate ganache with white chocolate cigarellos and then white chocolate maltesers as well. Mum made the same cake with dark chocolate ganache and milk, dark and white chocolate leaves for mine and Mr VST's wedding. It was awesome!

No comments: