Monday 27 June 2011

Banana and Chocolate Chip Blondies (or not)

On surfing around the blogosphere last week I came across this recipe for banana chocolate chip blondies. The blondies I had made previously were awesome even if I do say so myself and I fancied another foray into blondie land. I was initially torn between the dermiepie recipe and this recipe for banana blondie cake. I ended up making the demie pie recipe but with the same kind of results as the evil shenanigans one, but not quite as good!

Ingredients:
95ml or 1/2 cup sunflower seed oil
63g or 1/3 cup raw sugar (After trying to research this I still have no real idea what it actually looks like. I used Billington's Molasses sugar)
125g or 2/3 cup (light) brown sugar
95ml or 1/4 + 2 tbs milk of your choice (I used oat)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
175g or 1 1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 a banana cut up into the batter
about 70g 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate

Method:
1. Mix the oil and two types of sugar together really well.

2. Add the milk, vanilla essence and almond essence to the sugar and oil mixture. 

3. In a separate bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. 

 4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the oil mixture and stir.

5. Add the bananas to the mixture.

 6. Pour into a greased, lined brownie pan and bake at 175 Celsius for 25 minutes.

This is how mine turned out. Not chewy at all as the original recipe maker describes but more a dense cakey texture so not really a blondie in my book. The almond extract is quite strong and is the predominant flavour. The banana doesn't really come through. Worth a go though!


No comments: