Saturday 21 May 2011

Cinnamon, White Chocolate and Cherry Blondies

In my general wandering around the internet I came across the idea of blondies. When I ran this idea past Mr VST I explained that they were like brownies but without the dark chocolate, he could hardly comprehend such a thing. I explained that I would jazz then up with some white chocolate instead and he said no more. Having now tasted them he was VERY impressed. These are little squares of, sweet, gooey heaven. You have been warned, they are very more-ish.

I came across two recipes, hence my getting slightly mixed up. One on the Kitchinarian and one on Smitten Kitchen

113 grams butter, melted (random figure as it is one American 'stick'
218g light brown sugar(300g is too much! It makes them a bit too sweet even for a sweet tooth. I used this because I was trying to read from two recipes at the same time.)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
125 grams plain flour
2 tsp cinnamon
100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
75g fresh cherries, pitted, chopped into quarters



1. Butter an 8×8 pan.

2. Mix melted butter with brown sugar. I mixed this on the hob until the sugar dissolved.

3. Let the butter and sugar cool down (about 10 minutes) then beat in egg and then vanilla extract.



4. Stir in flour and cinnamon, then mix in chocolate chunks and cherries.

5. Pour into the prepared pan.

6. Bake at 170°C for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. 

7. Cool on rack before cutting them.



They were a little smaller than I had anticipated, they sunk down after coming out of the oven. Due to the amount of sugar I put in they were incredibly sweet though and a little square is really all you need. 

No comments: