Tuesday 17 May 2011

Raw Vegan Brownies aka Energy Bars Mark 2

The last time I tried these they didn't quite turn out as they did in the blogs I'd seen them in, nor as I had hoped. I put that down to the dates I had used in the base. This time I made them with Humdinger Stone-out Dried dates. They are the ones that I snack on and are moist which I think is what this recipe needs.


 The base, dates, walnuts and cocoa blended together nicely and when I put it into my (new, smaller) tin it appeared to stick together well. I popped the base in the freezer on it's own for a while because last time the icing was hard to spread because the base kept lifting into it







 I blended the avocado, cocoa, honey, cinnamon and vanilla together and it easily spread over the frozen base and I popped it all in the freezer.


It was much nicer than last time. The base stuck together much better and the chocolate avocado icing is surprisingly nice.


The next time I make this I'm going to mix the icing and base together before I freeze it.....

No comments: