Monday 23 May 2011

Veggie Curry with Quorn Pieces and Green Lentils

Well it's national vegetarian week this week and Twitter is all a-twitter with it. It is an extra special meat free Monday today but I've gone with an easy vegetable curry.

I usually make it by frying off whatever vegetables are in the fridge and adding a tablespoon of curry paste and a can of coconut milk and letting it all bubble away for 10-15 minutes and it works!

When I went to get some coconut milk I was informed by a sign on the shelf that there was a worldwide shortage of coconut milk. I am sure (and will have to check tomorrow) that the 'Continental Stores' over the road from work has a healthy supply. Anyway as I was at the other end of town when I went to get it I decided to try out some creamed coconut instead. You just add water to the block of creamed coconut and hey presto. The result is very similar to coconut milk but it has a grainy texture.

I have also been concerned that we don't eat enough lentils, beans etc so I added a can of green lentils. It made a hearty, filling curry.


Can I also add that for lunch today I had a left over leek parcel and leftover spinach and potato bake, I'm sure they were both better today!

No comments: