Friday 6 May 2011

The Woods Cafe, Cardinham Woods, Near Bodmin

On our way home from Corwall we decided to stop off for a stroll through Cardinham Woods. We chose the longest route which was 3.5 miles, unfortunately we took the wrong route to start with and had to turn around. Once we got on our way it was a lovely stroll through the fragrant pine forest. We were even treated to a young deer stopping on the path about ten metres in front of us.

We decided to stop for lunch at the Woods Cafe. It was a lovely cottage converted into a cafe. The inside was clean, bright and modern and the menu was full of tasty treats. Mr VST and I shared a savoury cream tea  or cream coffee if you like!


We had two scones, one plain and one very tasty cheese one (they only had one left!) with some cream cheese, cheddar and chutney. 


We were tempted to have a traditional cream tea as a pudding but I thought I'd make my own scones when I got home instead. I think I'm going to have to come back here at some point to try the brie and roasted balsamic vegetable sandwich as well as their yummy looking cakes.

No comments: