Sunday 15 May 2011

Tomato and Sausage Pasta Bake

As I had spent so long preparing dinner yesterday and I had two dinners to make tonight (tomorrow's as well as we're off to meet Paula Radcliffe at dinner time) I thought I'd go for something simple. I'd made this recipe before and it's aimed at student so it's pretty simple!

Here it is made vegetarian and slightly adapted.

(serves 4)

2 small onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp soy sauce
200g pasta
50g mature cheddar, grated
4 cooked vegetarian sausages, sliced (I used the new Linda McCartney Italian Style ones)


  1.  Fry off the onions and garlic.
  2.  Add the cans of tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for twenty minutes. 
  3.  Cook the pasta
  4. Add the soy sauce and season.
  5.  Mix the pasta and tomato sauce together and spread out in an oven proof dish.
  6. Scatter the sausages over the top and grate the cheese on top before grilling for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.





No comments: