Monday 1 August 2011

Bread, Crackers and Cheese

We had run out of bread earlier in the week and so I decided to make some more on Saturday. I mixed as usual and kneaded before leaving it to rise. Mr VST and I went out shopping and then had to go out on a call. I called Mr VST and asked him to knock it back before leaving it to rise again and then I continued with the proving and baking of it later in the evening. I had forgotten to shape it properly during the process and the cuts didn't work as well as they had the last couple of times. I put the bread in the oven and it didn't rise dramatically as the previous loaves had. I thought that this batch wouldn't be as tasty as the last ones had been. I cut open one of the loaves and had a few slices and to be honest it wasn't that different from the last batches and it was still a hundred times better than supermarket stuff. I had some cheese and crackers while I was waiting for the bread to cool down.

No comments: