Monday 15 August 2011

Fusilli Bolognese

Had a surprise visit from the in-laws this evening. They emailed Mr VST this morning to say that they would be in the area and might pop in and see us. He specifically asked them if they wanted dinner and they said no. When they arrived I had already cooked dinner for Mr VST and I with enough left for lunch tomorrow. I didn't make a huge amount, just enough for healthy sized portions today and little ones for lunch. I didn't have enough linguine so I cooked up some fusilli as well. Mr VST got hungry while they were here so then asked them if they wanted to eat with us which of course they did. Small portions of fusilli bolognese were had by all. Thankfully I had taken some rhubarb cake out of the freezer on Saturday to see us through the week and so we had that for pudding with custard as well.

No comments: