Sunday 10 July 2011

Wedding Bash

I was lucky enough to be invited to a work colleague's wedding bash last night. It was in a marquee overlooking the beautiful Devon countryside. It was a lovely evening, if a tad cold, and the bride and groom were very happy indeed, which was the most important thing of course! I had been forewarned that the evening food was being organised by the local branch of the Women's Institute and made sure I had plenty of room to accommodate their offerings. I was SO right to do that, the food was amazing. There was a hog roast, which of course I avoided, but instead extensively tested the salads, rice, pasta, Waldorf and quiches, tomato, mushroom and of course the sweets too. I had a few scones with clotted cream and home made gooseberry jam (my mouth is watering just typing this!) and mixed berry jam, flapjack and a delicious sultana cake. It was a lovely way to spend the evening.

No comments: