Tuesday 5 July 2011

Cauliflower and Broccoli (not cheese)

Bit of a strange combination of food for supper today. I had been meaning to make some more recipes from Appetite for Reduction and had been flicking through it at the weekend. Rather than doing the only thing I usually do with cauliflower and broccoli (put cheese sauce on them!) I went for the 40 clove broccoli and chickpeas and the herby coated cauliflower. Both recipes were quite straight forward. 


Unfortunately I think I had the oven a bit too high and managed to burn the broccoli. The only flavours were the occasional garlic hit and the vegetable stock flavour. 


The breadcrumb coated cauliflower was nice too, not great but it was nice to do something different with it. 
I served it with some mange tout from my colleague's garden, some left over potato salad and I know I said no cheese but there were some cauliflower cheese grills in the freezer that needed eating so we ate those too.

No comments: