Wednesday 13 July 2011

Soft Polenta Broccoli

I had spotted the soft polenta broccoli in Appetite for Reduction a couple of weeks ago when I decided to go for the '40 clove broccoli' instead. As I was home today with some lonely looking broccoli in the fridge and some polenta in the cupboard I decided to try some for my lunch. I had already given polenta a second chance in the cornbread and it impressed me so I thought I'd like to try it 'soft' to see what it was like. It was surprisingly good! I can appreciate it won't be to everyone's taste, or really texture. It was like a thick kind of savoury porridge or ready brek. I liked it though.  I can see this being a winter diet staple as it was only 160 calories and yet really filling. You could add any kind of vegetable to it although some may need to be cooked before hand. 

1 comment:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I happen to adore broccoli so I think I'd love this! I also have a newly opened packet of polenta that would go well with this. And thank you for the calorie count too! :D