Saturday 2 July 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

Before you read the rest of this blog I must warn you that these are dangerous in two ways. They are extremely easy to make and extremely easy to eat!

I got the recipe from The Kitchenarian blog. It was the Summer Solstice post and I liked the look of them at first I thought that they were a bit like the peanut butter fudge I made at Christmas and I guess they are. I didn't use the pretzels like the original recipe suggests and used dark instead of milk chocolate too. 

I don't think that there are many uses for smooth peanut butter but this is definitely one of them. Although I was tempted to use the crunchy version but the peanuts in the peanut butter fudge went soft and weren't very nice so I stuck with the recipe. 

Melting smooth peanut butter, butter and soft brown sugar together....


Mixing in the icing sugar and vanilla essence to form a dough

Smooth out into a pan, harder than it looks!

...and pour melted chocolate over the top.


The hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to set!


I used half the ingredients and made 16 small squares but really that's all you need. They are incredibly sweet.


So to make 16 small squares here are the ingredients in metric:

55g butter
45g light brown sugar
260g smooth peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
180g icing sugar
100g dark chocolate (the original recipe says 170g)

No comments: