Saturday 16 July 2011

Houmous - Mark 2

As I explained in my houmous post I cooked 500g of chickpeas when the recipe only called for 200g and then got a bit lazy towards the end by not removing the skins before I whizzed up the chickpeas to make the houmous. There was a bit of a bitter after taste to my first batch as a result of this. After I had finished with the first batch I sorted through the remaining cooked 'peas and removed the skins as best I could. This afternoon I decided to give the rest another chance at making good houmous. I used the same recipe although I used only one clove of garlic this time, slightly less tahini and the same amount of lemon juice. The results were awesome, a really creamy, light, delicious houmous with no bitter after taste, houmous heaven!

No comments: