Wednesday 8 December 2010

Mince Pies with Cinnamon Pastry


And for dessert I had a fantastic combination of mince pie and custard. It was heaven, I've been meaning to have it since I made these on Sunday night and have been so busy that I've just gobbled down a mince pie on its own instead. 

I was a little disappointed with my last batch of pies, the pastry was nothing special so having seen a recipe in the Sainsbury's magazine at the hairdressers that had ground almonds in it so I googled away and found this BBC recipe for Almondy Mince Pies. I still has a jar and a bit of Tesco Finest Mincemeat left to use and I wasn't that bothered by the almondy taste so I just used the pastry recipe and it is AMAZING! Cinnamon is my flavour of the Winter and it does make your mince pies a funny colour but it's worth it. 




And here is my mince pasty - equally as delicious!

No comments: