Sunday 12 December 2010

Delia's dark chocolate and orange biscuits

Last weekend I started making and baking for Christmas. I decided to make some goody bags for my Grandparents and Aunties and Uncles. Into the goody bag went a combination of peanut butter fudge, dark chocolate and Morgan's spiced fudge, Bailey's and white chocolate fudge and Delia's dark chocolate and orange biscuits.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I'm more of a Jamie than a Delia in the kitchen. The biscuits are one of Delia's recipes from her Christmas book I believe. I made them about 5 years ago one Christmas with my little sister and they were the essence of Christmas in a biscuit! They are a bit fiddly though. The orange flavour comes from the grated rind of two oranges and the juice of about one of them. You cream together fat (in my vegetarian case cookeen, vegetable fat, butter, and caster sugar and then add an egg and flour you then mix in the orange rind and dark chocolate chopped into little pieces and mix in the freshly squeezed orange juice to make it all stick together.

They seemed to make forever to make (it probably didn't help that I was making a million other things at the same time!) and my oranges weren't very flavoursome, on top of that I forgot to put the chocolate in so I melted it and dipped the biscuits in it instead. The end result wasn't as good as I remember to be honest.



No comments: