Sunday 6 March 2011

Toad in the Hole

This evening's supper was made at Mr VST's request. Not just the main itself but the way in which it was to be done. Starting off a week of eating batter, he requested Toad in the Hole (I am going to get fed up of typing this so TITH it will be from now on). Not just TITH but a big TITH. I usually make mini ones as as seen here but a big one was requested and I went about upsizing the recipe. I still used Delia's batter recipe but doubled it and I used the very reliable Anna's Onion Gravy Recipe and served it with braised red cabbage and mashed potato.


This was the giant TITH when it just came out of the oven. I thought it looked spectacular. I served it up with all the accompaniments and it seems that Mr VST had been thinking even deeper about the toad. In his mind he had envisaged the sausages being cut in half, lengthways and spread out across the top. What he doesn't know is that there would be no place for the burnt halves of the sausages to hide if I did that!


Anyway, all was truly delicious. A proper end to a Sunday.

No comments: