Monday 7 March 2011

Leek and Feta Frittata

I had some leeks left over from last week and a bit of feta cheese too as well as a bag of new potatoes that were starting to sprout. I had miscalculated on the egg front though. I only had 6 and I calculated that I would need at least four for tomorrow but I needed four for my frittata. I managed to ring Mr VST on his way home and get him to pick some up - phew!

This is a variation on the BBC Good Food Spring Onion Frittata that I now can't find on their website. It involves boiling 300g new potatoes, then slicing them up and frying them in a tablespoon of olive oil for about ten minutes.

Then I sliced up two large leeks and fried them off for a few minutes before adding four beaten eggs, 90g feta cheese, salt and pepper and then grating a little mature cheddar over the top. I cooked the whole thing on the hob for 8 mins and then popped it under the grill for three to make sure all the egg was properly cooked. 


I served it with our first proper salad of the year, a spinach, watercress and rocket bag (all that it available before Mr VST gets planting his salad troughs). The feta added some real flavour to it. 



No comments: