Monday 14 March 2011

Sushi

On Thursday evening my firm was taken out for steak 'n' sushi at a local (non chain) sushi restaurant called, would you believe it, Steak 'n' Sushi. The only experience I had had of vegetarian sushi before was the pre-packaged stuff you get from Pret-a-Manger. Mr VST and I bought some for the flight to Iceland for our honeymoon. I got to order my own little selection of veggie goodness from the menu. I ordered three different things and I'm sorry to say I can't remember what any of them were called. The first were the traditional looking rounds of rice, wrapped in seaweed with cucumber and egg in the middle. Then I had some little squares of rice with avocado on the top and a little seaweed ribbon around the middle. Finally there were two rice pillows covered in a sweet egg pancake. All items were very tasty and it was surprisingly filling. The meat/fish eaters gorged themselves on a massive selection of fishy sushi and steak which went down well. No photos I'm afraid. I can recommend the veggie sushi but my colleagues had a bit of belly ache the next day. Not sure whether that was just the meat/fish or the sheer amount they consumed!!

Item 1 was like this but with egg in the middle as well

The 'pillow pancakes' were like the batter coloured pillows here

No comments: