Thursday 17 February 2011

Veggie Valentine's Meal

I'm back!

I hinted that I was going away snowboarding and had every intention of posting a blog before I went away but didn't get the time. There will be posts to fill in the gaps but I thought I'd start with last night's Valentine's Day meal. Yes I realise it was two days late but I was up country for the day itself so we celebrated last night instead.

We went to our local vegetarian restaurant, Herbies. While we were there we realised that we have been living here for nearly five years but only been to the restaurant twice including last night's visit. The last time we went was Valentine's Day 2009!

The food was absolutely delicious. To start we shared a generous portion of granary garlic bread. Tasty, thick slices of bread, generously topped with garlic butter and melted cheese. They were an excellent start to the meal unfortunately I don't have any photos.

For our mains Mr VST had a Winter vegetable crumble with baked potato wedges. The crumble was a thick savory crumble with oats and seeds. The vegetables included celariac (which I never quite know what to do with) as well as some of the more usual ones.


I went for the Greek filo pie which was a crispy filo basket with roasted peppers, tomatoes, aubergine and olives with feta cheese and a lovely tomato sauce. 


It was amazing! I went for a salad to accompany this and a bowl of red cabbage coleslaw, potato salad and green salad came out. I couldn't manage it all and so the waitress kindly packed it up for me to take home.


Valentine's gifts consisted of large amounts of chocolate so we didn't really need desert although I think I might have to go and try the maple and pecan tart soon....

No comments: