Sunday 20 February 2011

Mother's Home-Cooked Meals

13th and 14th February


I was 'home' last weekend and treated to my mother's delicious home-made food again. Heaven! On Sunday night she treated me to my favourite all-time meal of her vegetable lasagne served with a crispy vegetable salad.

On Monday she tried out a new recipe, this Quorn Coconut Curry which was very quick and easy to make as the recipe suggests and very tasty too.

15th February


I was travelling back to my home on Tuesday all evening so didn't really have any supper. I treated myself to some Cadbury's mini-eggs and a creme egg. It was all I could face. I concur with the Harry Potter theory that when you have met with dementors the only thing that will revive you is some chocolate. I had been battling with my own dementor over the previous two days and these Easter-time treats helped to heal my soul, just a little bit. For lunch I had something that I hadn't had in a very long time, a cheese toastie. It was fantastic! We do have a toastie maker in the back of the cupboard but I haven't used it in quite a long time. The lunch-time toastie hit the spot. Back in uni I ate quite a lot of these with cream cheese and sweetcorn in, ah happy days!

No comments: