Sunday 20 February 2011

Sunday Roast - but not as we know it

Today with the birthday boy suitably hungover there was a very good plan to meet up again for a traditional Sunday roast at a nearby pub.

The options were meat or vegetarian so, of course, me and Mr VST both went for the veggie option. I was expecting either a nut roast or some kind of meat substitute sausage and then the usual. It came with cabbage, carrots, roast potatoes and mashed swede. 'It' was the most bizarre combination of two Yorkshire puddings filled with roasted vegetables in tomato sauce topped with a grilled round of goat's cheese. Mr VST with his history of bizarre combinations thought nothing of this. I on the other hand thought that it was like eating two very separate meals in one go and I can not recommend Yorkshire puddings filled with roasted vegetables in a tomato sauce with traditional roastie trimmings, it was strange. I ate it nevertheless and it filled me up so that no supper other than snackage has been necessary.

No comments: