Monday 28 February 2011

Cheese Toasties

There was enough left over from the Late Christmas Meal to have for lunch on Sunday. After going for a four mile run I ate my 2nd Christmas meal and then later on didn't really feel like cooking much or eating much either. I was rummaging around in the cupboard and came across our toasted sandwich maker. Inspiration! I can't really remember the last time I had a toastie but having one was like being in a time warp. I can remember my first toastie. It was white bread and cheese, nothing too fancy and it was made in a frying pan. I was about 10 years old. Then a few years after that my Mum and Step-Dad got married and my step-sister bought them a toastie maker as a wedding present. My brothers and I spent a lot of time using the toastie maker, probably more than our parents did. I know people moan about them and how difficult they are to clean but I love them. My next toastie memories are uni related and I survived most of the first term on cream cheese and sweetcorn toasties at 3am!



No comments: