Sunday 9 January 2011

Quorn tortilla stack (Low-calorie version) with baked potato wedges

Mr VST and I really enjoyed the Quorn tortilla stack last time but it was a bit hefty on the calories at 525 per portion. I decided to make it again with fewer calories this time. The recipe says between 4-6 tortillas so I used 4 this time and it says to grate cheese between each layer so I just put some on the top and it still tasted great and nearly 200 calories less per portion at 330 per quarter of the stack.



The potato wedges are from Kurma Dasa's 'Quick Vegetarian Meals'. I love this book. I found it when we were travelling in Australia and staying with Mr VST's cousins who had a copy. It is such a lovely book even if his idea of quick isn't quite the same as everyone else's. The wedges are covered with spray oil and then a mixture of cumin, tumeric, paprika, salt and pepper and baked in the oven for 20 mins.

No comments: